U.S. Green Technology specializes in connecting those seeking sustainable practices, U.S. Green Technology provides resources for all skill levels and industries. Check out any of the popular searches above!to quality employers. Whether you’re looking for a specific green-collar job, or are open to opportunities at companies with
Working online can be considered an environmental job in and of itself, since you’re not using fuel for a commute. But even so, some online gigs are greener than others. A lot of it depends on the company you’re working for. Here are five excellent ideas for online environmental jobs that you can do from the comfort of your laptop.
1. Freelance engineer. If you’re an engineer or designer of green technology like solar or wind installations, now is a great time to get your name out there. GreenLancer is a great place to find environmental jobs and start connecting with companies who might need your expertise, even if you can’t be in the office.
2. Environmental research assistant. Some research assistant positions require you to be in the field, collecting samples and preparing lab equipment. But some environmental jobs in this area can be done remotely as you analyze data, check facts and write up summaries and reports.
3. Environmental writer. Write for publications that focus on green issues and sustainability. Work up a few ideas, put together some solid pitches, and send them out to publications you enjoy reading, like magazines and blogs. Some environmental jobs for writers are great part-time freelance gigs, but others can evolve into something more full-time if you find the right publication.
4. Green grassroots campaign organizer. Make phone calls to reach out to the community, design fliers and brochures to educate people, and get creative about raising awareness of a specific green company or event.
5. Green energy consultant. Lend your expertise in efficiency and renewable energy to companies looking to up their green game. With an awareness of current legislation and laws regarding emissions and sustainability, you can analyze a business’s current performance, and provide suggestions for improving it.
For assistance with your environmental jobs search, check out the Career Builder Resource Center at U.S. Green Technology. There you can get help crafting your resume, tailoring your job hunt, and connecting with employers who will share your values and appreciate your skills.
Sign-up for U.S. Green Technology‘s weekly newsletter to receive the latest green technology information, including the latest green jobs, blogs, news, and events.