U.S. Green Technology specializes in connecting job seekers interested in green-collar job or a position with a company with sustainable business practices, U.S. Green Technology provides opportunities at all skill levels and varying industries. Search in one of the popular searches above!to quality employers. Whether you are looking for a specific
Maybe you’re tired of working for “The Man.” It’s time to venture out on your own, be your own boss and make a positive difference in the environment. Rather than searching for environmental jobs, why not create your own and actually let all of the extra hours you put into each work day finally directly benefit you rather than simply benefiting “the company?” Here are several tips for how to create your own environmental job and finally enjoy the flexibility of controlling your schedule – and your life.
1. Come up with an environmental business idea that you think could prove valuable to potential customers. Talk about these ideas with family members and friends who are action-oriented and honest yet constructive in their advice.
2. If your environmental job idea would be more successful as a project that falls under the umbrella of an existing organization, make a proposal to that organization for your project to be associated with it. This would be much easier than totally starting the project from scratch if it indeed does have a tie to a more established business. Find out what other groups in your city are doing before embarking on your business to make sure that you are doing something innovative.
3. Figure out whether you want your entrepreneurial venture to be a non-profit or for-profit business. This will have an impact on the way you run your environmental job venture and what your project’s goals should be.
4. Get in touch with environmental job experts at industry events and meetings to get advice on how to establish your venture. You’ll have to be willing to meet with people face-to-face: Sometimes, phone and e-mail simply isn’t enough.
5. Develop a plan that will make your environmental job idea implementable, and establish your own personal and business goals in the form of a business plan that will encourage funders to support you. With so many green startups already in the making, yours needs to stand out in the minds of those who have the “greens” you need to get started right away.
For help with writing your resume, networking with employers, and finding your perfect environmental job, visit the Career Builder Resource Center at U.S. Green Technology right away!