For assistance with your environmental jobs search, check out the CareerBuilder Resource Center at U.S. Green Technology. There you can get help crafting your resume, tailoring your job hunt, and connecting with employers who will share your values and appreciate your skills.
Days are not away, when the Going Green tag hanging outside the posh cosmetics shop will take place in every home. Soon it will become a necessity not a choice. Controlling the environmental pollution is not only a responsibility of the industrialists. It is a responsibility of each and every mankind. Most interestingly going green does not only saves the earth it saves you money; one of the main driving force of today’s’ world. Here are few of the top ways of going green that will help you a lot for saving money.
About Energy Saving
This is the first and most essential for going green and saving money. Some small changes in our habits and we can save quite lot of money.
· Shifting to CFLs than using bulbs is the easiest way to cut down on your electricity bill.
· Adjust the thermostat of the electrical appliances in your home according to the season. This will reduce electricity consumption.
· Using normal water for the purpose of washing or cleaning saves the electricity that is burnt in heating the water for these uses.
· Drying clothes hanged naturally can be an effective way to save electricity than swirling them in the Washing machine.
· Switch off the lights and room heaters or coolers when you are not home. Don’t waste the energy meaninglessly that can light up other several homes.
Essence of Saving Water
Another most essential natural resource that we don’t only use but also wastes on a regular basis is the water. The source of drinking water is limited, and saving water can cut off your water and electricity bills. Here are few tips that might be helpful to save water.
· Check well there is no leakage in the bathrooms. Most of the times we overlook small water leakages until they turn to a major issue and a lot of water is wasted.
· Avoid long bath and use a low-flow shower head.
· We use lots of sweet water in watering the plants of our home. Opt for the drought resistant plants, cacti and orchids that need less water to grow.
Saving Fuel- An Important Proposition
Saving fuel is just another name of saving money. Saving fuel is very important to preserve the limited natural resources. Here are few ways to make huge savings on fuel.
· When you go to buy a car, always opt for a car that consumes less fuel. This will automatically save you money.
· Share your car with your neighbours and friends when going to the office or to the market. This way you will save lots of fuel.
· If possible, use public transport. Arrange a pool car or a school bus for dropping and picking up your children from school.
Saving on Food
Don’t worry; no one is suggesting you to cut down on your daily meals to save money. Here are just a few basic things that can help you to save a lot of money that you spend on eating. This is just a smart way and eating smart also keeps you healthy.
· The first and foremost rule is, Avoid eating out. You can make the same food, more or less with the same taste and quality, at your home, and this will cost you much less than the hotel bills. Carry your lunch with you and save on the huge money that you spend by eating your lunch daily in the cafeteria.
· Having a small kitchen garden in your house is a cool idea. You can easily grow some vegetables on your own by using compost fertiliser that is even cheaper. This will cut down a lot on your food budget and at the same time you will have the chemical free vegetables to eat.
Recycling Old Electronics
Do you even remember where your old mobile phone is? After you got the new one in hand, you have thrown the old one somewhere, in the closet, drawer or might be in the dustbin. Next time, you change your handset doesn’t just throw the old one away. Recycle it. Selling your old mobile will add some money to your fund for the new one and it will save the environment, as well. You should take the same measure for all the electronic equipment you use starting from your old washing machine to your hair dryer. If it cannot be sold as a machine anymore, sell it as a crap but don’t keep it dumped in your basement or yard.
Saving On Cleansers and Cosmetics
According to researches every home spends quite a lot of money on cleansers; starting from the dish cleaner, the cloth cleaner, stain remover and the window and floor cleaners. If you add them all, it is really huge expense that we make on these headings. Reduce your budget on that, use home- made cleansers, like lemon, vinegar, baking powder, soda. These things are great cleansing agents and can serve all the household purposes. Most of the synthetic cleansers and soap, we use are non-bio degradable, so by cutting on the use of these chemical cleansers you will save the nature, as well. Opting for home- made cosmetics can help you save a lot of money and at the same time will save your skin from the harmful effects of chemicals used in most of the cosmetics.
The non-renewable resources of the mother earth are decreasing at an alarming rate. Environment pollution has taken a high. Mankind has already started to suffer from abrupt changes in the environment, which might be blamed on pollution. At the present situation, it is really necessary to change our habits and do our best to save the nature. Going green is the best way to do that, at the same time; it enables you to save more for your rainy days.
About the Author: Claudia is a writer/blogger. She loves writing, travelling and reading books. She contributes to Mary O’Brien Aurora
Sign-up for U.S. Green Technology’s weekly newsletter to receive the latest green technology information, including the latest green jobs, blogs, news, and events.