U.S. Green Technology specializes in connecting those seeking green-collar job, or are open to opportunities at companies with sustainable practices, U.S. Green Technology provides resources for all skill levels and industries. Check out any of the popular searches above!to quality employers. Whether you’re looking for a specific
Lots of businesses are going green these days, which is great because it means thatqualifications are always expanding. But even if your business can’t go solar quite yet, here are six ways that make green jobs more accessible to everyone.
1. Think before you print. The same goes for making copies. Could your document be distributed and stored as a file instead?
2. Buy green office supplies. Office supplies for green jobs, like recycled paperclips, biodegradable pens and eco-friendly adhesives are available from most suppliers these days.
4. Choose recycled paper. Did you know the typical office worker runs through about 10,000 sheets of paper in a year? To foster green jobs when printing, switch to recycled paper, use lighter-weight stock, or switch to an alternative material, like recycled cotton (which is more durable than wood-pulp paper, anyway).
5. Power down. Don’t sleep your computer when you leave the office, or it’ll be burning the midnight oil even if you’re fast asleep. People in green jobs power down their technology every day.
6. Eat organic. Even in their down town, workers at green jobs can enjoy yummy organic snacks, fair trade coffee and filtered water (to cut down on bottled water) in the break room. Bring your own mug and dishes.
For assistance with your green job search, check out the Career Builder Resource Center at U.S. Green Technology. There you can get help crafting your resume, tailoring your job hunt, and connecting with employers who will share your values and appreciate your skills.
Sign-up for U.S. Green Technology‘s weekly newsletter to receive the latest green technology information, including the latest green jobs, blogs, news, and events.
- ARPA-E Funds $92 Million in Energy Research Leading to New Green Jobs(usgreentechnology.com)
- Ohio Supports 25,000 Green Jobs(usgreentechnology.com)
- Green Political Spotlight This Week: What Exactly is a “Green” Job?(usgreentechnology.com)
- Weekly Green Jobs Trend: Green Building On The Rise(usgreentechnology.com)
- Green Political Spotlight This Week: Green Small Businesses Receive Government “Greens”(usgreentechnology.com)