Students do not attend Columbus State Community College just for its higher education opportunities in major areas of study such as architecture or business management. They also go there for a higher education in being green – an education that impacts not only their own lives but the lives of those around them, as well as the lives of their children.
Columbus State Community College, like other Ohio schools, is working to make sustainability a major part of the culture of the post-secondary institution’s campus. Ohio Green Pathways resulted in 2009 from the collaboration of the Ohio Environmental Council and the University System of Ohio. The goal of higher education in this state is to develop a green collar workforce by connecting green industry jobs statewide with educational opportunities.
A major class offered at Columbus State Community College is a LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) green associate certification preparation course. LEED is a certification system that determines how well a building performs in saving energy, improving indoor air quality, reducing carbon dioxide emissions and using water efficiently.
A North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) Entry Level Program designed for people who want to get into the solar field also will be available at Columbus State Community College soon. Another shortly arriving course is a Building Performance Institute (BPI) energy auditor course. The Columbus State Community College Center for Workforce Development is striving to produce more working people who can fill in-demand green jobs, and these types of classes help to advance this goal.
If you are interested in joining Columbus State Community College’s green team, you might qualify to fill an open position for a director there. To read more about the requirements of this green job, which is listed on U.S. Green Technology’s green jobs board, click on the following link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at this green organization, visit the link below.
About U.S. Green Technology
U.S. Green Technology was established in January of 2009. U.S. Green Technology‘s mission is to share news and information about the latest advancements in green technologies and green jobs. U.S. Green Technology‘s areas of coverage include providing information on green social media campaigns, changes in green business, spread of the green movement throughout entertainment, green technological invention, new green start-ups, green manufacturing, green building, and green jobs. U.S. Green Technology recently launched a new free business directory for companies to promote their products and services. U.S. Green Technology also offers a green jobs board, powered by Simply Hired, for employers to post green jobs for job seekers interested in careers in the green jobs industries such as clean energy, renewable fuels, information technology, green building and green transportation.
Post a Job! $99 for 30 days
- GE: A Green Technology Electric Charging Business Leader (usgreentechnology.com)
- CODA Produces Electric Vehicles and Green Jobs (usgreentechnology.com)
- Green Tech at State Level Thrives Despite Solyndra Debacle (usgreentechnology.com)
- Schneider Electric Offers Energy-Efficiency Job (usgreentechnology.com)
- California Supports Green Technology with Hybrid Truck and Bus Voucher Incentive Project (usgreentechnology.com)
- Deloitte Offers Greening Programs and Jobs (usgreentechnology.com)
- Green Education Online will Introduce Sustainability Education Series at GOVgreen Conference 2011 (usgreentechnology.com)
- Green Education on Line Will Introduce Sustainability Education Series at Govgreen 2011 Conference (usgreentechnology.com)
- Dems and Republicans Divided on Green Jobs (usgreentechnology.com)
- IBM Strives To Build Green Planet With Green Jobs (usgreentechnology.com)
- Kenmore 14.8 Cu. Ft. Chest Freezer (usgreentechnology.com)
- WIN Partners Brings Electric Vehicle Charging to the Job (usgreentechnology.com)
- Ohio funds green jobs training (usgreentechnology.com)
- Educating U.S. Workforce Critical to Green Technology Job Growth (usgreentechnology.com)
- Zeta Creates Green Modular Buildings (usgreentechnology.com)
- CyberCoders Searches for Green-Minded Employees (usgreentechnology.com)
- Cooper Industries Pushes LED Lighting Deal (usgreentechnology.com)
- How to Nail Your Green Job Interview (usgreentechnology.com)