Swimsuit season is worrisome enough for most of us without having to wonder whether our suits are environmentally friendly. Fortunately, eco-fashion companies have taken up the challenge of creating green swimsuits that will have both you and your conscience feeling great. Here are my top five favorites.
1. Vitamin A’s “Siren” bikini. The black halter top includes a criss-cross feature wrapping around the ribs to add dynamic to an otherwise simple black bikini. Metal loops at connecting points, and on the hips, add another sexy touch. The “Siren” is made of Repreve, which is 100% recycled nylon.
2. Aqua Swim’s Eco Swim. The eco swim line has some substance to it, made of recycled plastic bottles and other materials. Aqua Swim is a fourth-generation, family owned company, and their green swimsuit line is made in the USA.
3. “Whangarei” by Koru. This one’s a onesie, with a single shoulder strap and sexy big circles cut out of the sides for a little extra oomph. The fibers in this green swimsuit are origin-dyed, meaning they’re processed without waste water or toxic chemicals.
4. “Audrey” by Fables by Barrie. This green swimsuit is actually black and white, with a floral print rouched front, a sweetheart neckline and a halter top. The “Audrey” is a vintage-inspired one piece, turning anyone into an instant pin-up girl.
Maybe the best way to spot your favorite green swimsuit is to spend a little time on the sand yourself with a green job at the beach. Look into lifeguarding, or a summer job that offers opportunity for advancement, such as working with a boat rental agency, or sea hang gliding business.
Sign-up for U.S. Green Technology‘s weekly newsletter to receive the latest green technology information, including the latest green jobs, blogs, news, and events.
- European Eco Trend of the Week: Slow Eco Fashion(usgreentechnology.com)
- Eco-Fashion Trend of the Week: Animal Awareness Wear(usgreentechnology.com)
- Eco Fashion Trend of the Week: Borrowing Designer Handbags(usgreentechnology.com)
- Eco Fashion Trend of the Week: Pop Top Purses(usgreentechnology.com)
- European Eco Trend of the Week: The World’s Most Sustainable Suit(usgreentechnology.com)