“Footprint Zero” is the name of Marvell Technology Group’s green technology initiative, and the name says it all. The company emphasizes that it – like all companies – should not simply be working for green dollars but also be working for the greenness of the world by decreasing its environmental footprint.
Through “Footprint Zero,” Marvell Technology Group – one of the biggest fabless semiconductor companies across the globe – the company strives to offer green engineering and industry leadership in the green movement in addition to providing an ecologically friendly workplace. The business in 2005 began an energy-savings program aimed at decreasing the consumption of energy at its Santa Clara, Calif., headquarters.
In addition, Marvell Technology Group actively participates in industry organizations that support green actions, such as the Semiconductor Industry Association, Global Semiconductor Association and the Environmental Defense Fund. The company also has manufactured a digital signal processing-based power factor correction controller for power supplies that greatly reduces the energy use of personal computers in addition to decreasing greenhouse gas emissions. In fact, Marvell Technology Group was the first company to market this type of product.
“Our ultimate goal is to create a cleaner future for the global community by actively contributing our time and technology to help solve the environmental crisis,” the company says on its website.
Also, Marvell Technology Group constantly monitors and enhances its carbon dioxide levels, purchases only EnergyStar products, recycles electronic waste and strives to reduce its water usage.
If you have engineering experience and want to be part of this company’s major green efforts, you can consider applying for Marvell Technology Group’s opening for a senior engineer. For more information on this green job, listed on U.S. Green Technology’s green jobs board, visit the link below.
About U.S. Green Technology
U.S. Green Technology was established in January of 2009. U.S. Green Technology‘s mission is to share news and information about the latest advancements in green technologies and green jobs. U.S. Green Technology‘s areas of coverage include providing information on green social media campaigns, changes in green business, spread of the green movement throughout entertainment, green technological invention, new green start-ups, green manufacturing, green building, and green jobs. U.S. Green Technology recently launched a new free business directory for companies to promote their products and services. U.S. Green Technology also offers a green jobs board, powered by Simply Hired, for employers to post green jobs for job seekers interested in careers in the green jobs industries such as clean energy, renewable fuels, information technology, green building and green transportation.
Post a Job! $99 for 30 days
- GE: A Green Technology Electric Charging Business Leader (usgreentechnology.com)
- CODA Produces Electric Vehicles and Green Jobs (usgreentechnology.com)
- Green Tech at State Level Thrives Despite Solyndra Debacle (usgreentechnology.com)
- Schneider Electric Offers Energy-Efficiency Job (usgreentechnology.com)
- California Supports Green Technology with Hybrid Truck and Bus Voucher Incentive Project (usgreentechnology.com)
- Deloitte Offers Greening Programs and Jobs (usgreentechnology.com)
- Green Education Online will Introduce Sustainability Education Series at GOVgreen Conference 2011 (usgreentechnology.com)
- Green Education on Line Will Introduce Sustainability Education Series at Govgreen 2011 Conference (usgreentechnology.com)
- Dems and Republicans Divided on Green Jobs (usgreentechnology.com)
- IBM Strives To Build Green Planet With Green Jobs (usgreentechnology.com)
- Kenmore 14.8 Cu. Ft. Chest Freezer (usgreentechnology.com)
- Green Technology Website OneStopGreen.com Offers Green Living Solutions (usgreentechnology.com)
- GM Equity Investment to Create Hundreds of Green Jobs (usgreentechnology.com)
- E-Source Is the Source for All of Your Green Queries (usgreentechnology.com)
- Clean Wind Energy Tower, Inc. Files New Green Technology Patent (usgreentechnology.com)
- EcomNets Offers Free Greening Service to Non-Profits (usgreentechnology.com)
- Kenmore Elite 50 gal. gas Water heater (usgreentechnology.com)