Treehuggers worldwide are bound to appreciate the enterprising 2005 Irish green technology start-up firm TreeMetrics, whose goal is to revolutionize the forestry business so that it’s more environmentally friendly with efficient sustainability in forestry management for superior industry cost savings at all levels.
The company is partially funded by government-owned Enterprise Ireland, an organization which seeds the expansion and progress of globally-focused commercial businesses in Ireland. TreeMetrics’ Co-Founders Enda Keane and Garret Mullooly began as foresters and wisely saw the need for such a service.
It’s no wonder TreeMetrics is considered a High Growth Potential company by Enterprise Ireland. In 2005 this firm won two awards: the esteemed Schweighofer Prize for EU forestry advancement and the inaugural Society of Irish Foresters Innovation Award.
TreeMetrics has a unique patent-pending technology called AutoStem Forest that takes 3-D stem profiles from 3-D forest and tree images and then uploads the information into a resource software database for detailed and convenient inventory management.
With this original sequenced storage system, TreeMetrics’ customers have the opportunity to analyze data from virtually any location whether at the office or geographically on site so long as a wireless or wired Internet connection is available.
The information is inexpensively accessible to multiple international users and upgrade maintenance is easy. Since their platform is cloud-based and utilizes Google Earth, the industry can now take advantage of new digital techniques that did not previously exist.
Some current TreeMetrics Software uses including inventory management, pre-sale valuation, optimizing forest-to-order matching and measuring carbon appropriation. No doubt by using TreeMetrics, you really can see the forest for the trees!
Until now tree measurement has been done physically by an individual forester out in the field using tools called calipers to calculate the circumference of every tree. With the 3-D laser scanning offered by TreeMetrics, all that leg work is no longer such a tall order.
Companies in the US, United Kingdom, Australia, Norway and Ireland are successfully using this green technology TreeMetrics Software; there are no other businesses competing in this capacity making TreeMetrics a viable investment for the venture capitalists and private green-minded investors already also involved.
TreeMetrics is also focused on creating even more new green collar jobs and support the local Irish economy in County Cork, Ireland. Co-Founders Keane and Mullooly are on solid footing knowing it’s now possible to chop down fewer trees yet still meet the needs of humanity’s continual requirement for wood.
TreeMetrics has a proven track record working successfully over the past six years on forest projects in 14 different countries. Some of these include larger European partnership efforts, with others being smaller scale projects and pilot programs ranging from national to international enterprises.
One such arrangement TreeMetrics has its hand in is called FLEXWOOD, an EU funded Research and Development joint venture with an emphasis on supply chain practices that includes teams of expert authorities from diverse nations in Europe as well as Canada and the US.
Going back to the roots of entrepreneurship and working with what you know best was surely a wise decision for TreeMetrics’ founders, who have clearly demonstrated true originality in developing new a green technology, jobs and a profitable future vision embedded by innovation.
About U.S. Green Technology
U.S. Green Technology was established in January of 2009. U.S. Green Technology‘s mission is to share news and information about the latest advancements in green technologies and green jobs. U.S. Green Technology‘s areas of coverage include providing information on green social media campaigns, changes in green business, spread of the green movement throughout entertainment, green technological invention, new green start-ups, green manufacturing, green building, and green jobs. U.S. Green Technology recently launched a new free business directory for companies to promote their products and services. U.S. Green Technology also offers a green jobs board, powered by Simply Hired, for employers to post green jobs for job seekers interested in careers in the green jobs industries such as clean energy, renewable fuels, information technology, green building and green transportation.
- Green Technology Investment Capital Shows Marked Q3 Increase (usgreentechnology.com)
- Chicago Ideas Week Ends With Green Tech Seeds Planted (usgreentechnology.com)
- General Electric Acquires 116th Green Technology Patent (usgreentechnology.com)
- Educating U.S. Workforce Critical to Green Technology Job Growth (usgreentechnology.com)
- Steve Jobs Grew Green Technology Focus (usgreentechnology.com)
- Green IT to double in India in Next Three Years (usgreentechnology.com)
- Data Data everywhere but not a byte makes sense – event 19th Oct (bestconnected.enterprise-ireland.com)
- Report Claims Obama Administration Failed Green Jobs Goal (usgreentechnology.com)
- Nationwide Plug In Day Promotes Green Electric Car Technology (usgreentechnology.com)
- Fuel Cell Green Technology Viable Clean Transporation Solution (usgreentechnology.com)
- Bosch 24-inch Built-in Dishwasher Review (usgreentechnology.com)
- Green Technology Jobs looks bright at new independent Electric Car company headquartered in Dallas (usgreentechnology.com)
- Electric Bikes Picking Up Speed in the US (usgreentechnology.com)
- Canada Turbine seeks to get clean energy tech on market (usgreentechnology.com)
- Samsung Replenish: The Most Eco-Friendly Phone Out There (usgreentechnology.com)
- Whirlpool Gold Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator Review (usgreentechnology.com)