RENO, NV-based Ram Power, Corp., a renewable energy company focused on the development, production and sale of electricity from geothermal energy and employer of in the U.S., Canada, and Latin America, announced June 10, 2011 that the Northern California Power Agency (“NCPA”) has signed an amended and restated power purchase agreement with Ram Power’s subsidiary, Western GeoPower, Inc. (“WGP”). The NCPA will purchase all energy available from Ram Power’s proposed renewable energy geothermal power plant at The Geysers Geothermal Field in Northern California.
The Geysers Geothermal Field, located 75 miles north of San Francisco, California, is the largest producer of renewable energy geothermal electricity and employer ofin the world. Commercial renewable energy geothermal power has been generated continuously at The Geysers Field since 1960, the present generation level being about 900 megawatts of clean, base load renewable energy electricity. Ram Power’s WGP owns or leases all of the geothermal rights necessary to create the necessary to develop the renewable energy geothermal power plant. The Project’s steam field is situated in the southwestern region of The Geysers Field in Sonoma County.
“NCPA has a longstanding commitment to clean, renewable geothermal energy from The Geysers, and we are very pleased to be furthering that goal through this agreement with Ram Power,” said James H. Pope, General Manager of NCPA. “By expanding our geothermal production from four to five plants at The Geysers, NCPA is furthering our long-standing objective of providing reliable and affordable green energy for NCPA member communities throughout Northern and Central California.”
Agreement to bring additional investment and to region
“The Geysers continues to be a key source of clean energy for my community as well as for several other NCPA members. The addition of this new agreement for the generation from Western GeoPower Unit One will bring additional investment andto the region — benefitting electricity ratepayers, our environment and our local economy,” said NCPA Chairman Gary Plass, Vice Mayor of the City of Healdsburg.
NCPA, located in Roseville, California, is a joint powers agency providing clean, renewable energy to its 17 member communities and districts in Northern and Central California. Founded in 1968, NCPA owns and operates power plants that together comprise a 95% emission-free renewable energy generation portfolio. NCPA owns and operates geothermal power plants, hydroelectric plants, simple combustion turbine plants and steam injected combustion turbine plants.
About U.S. Green Technology
U.S. Green Technology was established in January of 2009. U.S. Green Technology‘s mission is to share news and information about the latest advancements in green technologies and green jobs. U.S. Green Technology‘s areas of coverage include providing information on green social media campaigns, changes in green business, spread of the green movement throughout entertainment, green technological invention, new green start-ups, green manufacturing, green building, and green jobs. U.S. Green Technology recently launched a new free business directory for companies to promote their products and services. U.S. Green Technology also offers a green jobs board, powered by Simply Hired, for employers to post green jobs for job seekers interested in careers in the green jobs industries such as clean energy, renewable fuels information technology, green building and green transportation.
- Ormat Technologies Offered Conditional Commitment for DOE Loan Guarantee (prnewswire.com)
- Growth Of Green Technology Jobs Drives New Green Search Engines (usgreentechnology.com)
- A winning solution for renewable energy and CO2 reduction? (gizmag.com)
- RE POWER Bangladesh 2011 (de5h.wordpress.com)
- Job ads show Google wading deeper in clean energy (sunnergyinfo.wordpress.com)
- Job Aggregator Hits Milestone of 10,000 Green Technology Jobs (usgreentechnology.com)
- Pippa Middleton Digs Geothermal Energy (thenextwomen.com)
- Unappetizing Geothermal Tidbit (renewablebook.com)
- Geothermal Energy Without The Earthquakes (fastcompany.com)
- Best Of Both Worlds: Geothermal Energy That Sucks CO2 From The Atmosphere (fastcompany.com)
- Northern California Power Agency Agreement Creates Geothermal Jobs (usgreentechnology.com)
- Geothermal Energy Just Became A Serious Option (businessinsider.com)
- Ecotech Institute Prepares Students For Green Technology Jobs (usgreentechnology.com)
- PUC, Make New Jobs with More Solar Power (texasgreenreport.wordpress.com)
- West Virginia a Major Geothermal Hotspot, Scientists Reveal (treehugger.com)
- Do You Know What The Hottest Top 10 Green Technology Jobs Are? (usgreentechnology.com)
- Mannvit Awarded Contract for Renewable Energy Consulting in Serbia (prweb.com)
- Short on Cash and Know-How, U.S. Geothermal Industry Stumbles (nytimes.com)
- Native Geothermal Offers Cost-Effective Systems for Cooling and Heating Buildings (prweb.com)
- PUD to drill nearly a mile deep in search of geothermal power (heraldnet.com)
- Casa Verde: Ikea’s Latest Green Move (casasugar.com)
- Geothermal Development Advances in Kenya; Icelandic Firms Hired for Assessment (prweb.com)
- What type of energy is geothermal energy (wiki.answers.com)
- Iran to build first 5-megawatt geothermal plant. (thetruthiswhere.wordpress.com)