Skyline Solar, which manufactures integrated concentrated photovoltaic (CPV) systems, today announced that the renewable energy company has been awarded three new patents, including two through the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office’s (USPTO) Green Technology Pilot Program, bringing the total number of renewable energy patents related to the company’s field-proven concentrated photovoltaic (CPV) systems to seven. The patents cover 108 specific claims related to innovations that reduce balance of system (BoS) costs and boost performance to lower the Levelized Cost of Energy (LCOE).
“With tens of thousands of hours of performance data and several successful installations, Skyline Solar’s technology is amongst the most proven in the CPV industry,” said Tom Rohrs, CEO of Skyline Solar. “Along the way, we’ve worked to patent and protect the key intellectual property elements that generate significant performance and BoS cost improvements that drive overall LCOE. We’re committed to continuing our innovation in the areas of system design, installation, manufacturing and upgradability to deliver maximum value to our customers, partners and investors, and drive the industry forward.”
Skyline Solar unveils scalable renewable energy system
In March of 2009, Skyline Solar unveiled its scalable CPV system in response to demand for solar technologies that reduced system costs while increasing renewable energy production. More than two years later, the company’s CPV technology is patented and field-proven, with several successful installations in North America, including a planned 500 kilowatt (kW) project in Durango, Mexico. In March of this year, the company introduced the Skyline Solar X14 System, which in sunny climates and with U.S. federal incentives can deliver an LCOE of less than 10 cents per kilowatt hour (kWh).
About Green Technology & Green Careers
U.S. Green Technology was established in January of 2009. U.S. Green Technology‘s mission is to share news and information about the latest advancements in green technology such as renewable energy. U.S. Green Technology‘s areas of coverage include providing information on green social media campaigns, changes in green business, spread of the green movement throughout entertainment, green technological invention, new green start-ups, green manufacturing, green building, renewable energy technology and green careers information. U.S. Green Technology offers a green careers jobs board, powered by Simply Hired, for employers to post jobs in green careers such as renewable energy, green information technology, green building and green transportation.
Post a Job! $99 for 30 days
Sign-up for U.S. Green Technology‘s weekly newsletter to receive the latest renewable energy technology information, including the latest green careers, blogs, news, and events.
- Renewable Energy To Create More Than 1.1 Million Green Careers (usgreentechnology.com)
- U.S. offers to help finance ethanol plant to grow green jobs (usgreentechnology.com)
- Siemens Seeks To Fill 400 Green Jobs For Building Technologies (usgreentechnology.com)
- Pakistan to import green technologies (chimalaya.org)
- Study Predicts Affect Of Cloud [Green] Information Technology (usgreentechnology.com)
- Green Workforce Study and Green Jobs Portal Supports Economy (usgreentechnology.com)
- Clean Wind Energy Tower, Inc. Files New Green Technology Patent (usgreentechnology.com)
- UN reports Global Investments in Green Energy Up Nearly a Third to US$211 billion (nextbigfuture.com)
- Ecotech Institute Prepares Students For Green Technology Jobs (usgreentechnology.com)
- NJR Clean Energy Ventures Invests In 4.7 Megawatt Solar Project (usgreentechnology.com)
- Skyline Solar Awarded Three New Green Technology Patents (usgreentechnology.com)