Wal-Mart, also known by the name Wally World, is striving to become all about the world as it enjoys its spot as the largest retailer in the world. The retail giant is looking to expand in its green initiatives while also looking for employees who are willing to have a positive impact on the company’s market success and on the earth itself.
Wal-Mart just last year announced plans to expand its renewable energy initiatives by introducing lighter and less expensive thin film solar technology. A whopping 20 to 30 retail sites in Arizona and California were slated to get the solar energy-producing systems.
The amount of energy each store location would be able to generate through the new solar systems is 22.5 million kilowatt hours of clean energy each year, which is sufficient to create power for more than 1,700 homes in a year’s time. In addition, these Wal-Mart green efforts would be equivalent to removing a whopping 3,000 cars off the streets annually, as the company could reduce carbon dioxide emissions by 11,650 metric tons.
“By leveraging our global scale to become a more efficient company, we are able to lower our expenses and help develop markets for new technologies,” said Kim Saylors Laster, Wal-Mart vice president of energy, last year. “Developing and incorporating new renewable energy sources, like thin film, reduces energy price risk and aligns very well with our commitment to solving business challenges through technology.”
Wal-Mart also has been requiring all of its suppliers, from shippers to factories, to go green by complying with or surpassing the requirements of all environmentally friendly regulations. The top 200 Wal-Mart factories in China have been given the goal of becoming more energy-efficient by 2012.
Wal-Mart additionally has announced goals to create a sustainability index or some type of rating system that would ensure that all of the company’s products are green. The organization’s goal is for the system to be completed by July 2014.
“By 2014, consumers will have more information about the sustainability of products they buy,” said Andrea Thomas, the officer in charge of Wal-Mart’s sustainability efforts, earlier this year in July.
If you have management experience and want to become an important part of a green company that is striving to make an impact worldwide, you can consider the company’s opportunity for a senior manager of purchasing contracts – logistics.
To find out about the requirements of this green job, click on the following link.
About U.S. Green Technology
U.S. Green Technology was established in January of 2009. U.S. Green Technology‘s mission is to share news and information about the latest advancements in green technologies and green jobs. U.S. Green Technology‘s areas of coverage include providing information on green social media campaigns, changes in green business, spread of the green movement throughout entertainment, green technological invention, new green start-ups, green manufacturing, green building, and green jobs. U.S. Green Technology recently launched a new free business directory for companies to promote their products and services. U.S. Green Technology also offers a green jobs board, powered by Simply Hired, for employers to post green jobs for job seekers interested in careers in the green jobs industries such as clean energy, renewable fuels, information technology, green building and green transportation.
Post a Job! $99 for 30 days
- GE: A Green Technology Electric Charging Business Leader (usgreentechnology.com)
- CODA Produces Electric Vehicles and Green Jobs (usgreentechnology.com)
- Green Tech at State Level Thrives Despite Solyndra Debacle (usgreentechnology.com)
- Schneider Electric Offers Energy-Efficiency Job (usgreentechnology.com)
- California Supports Green Technology with Hybrid Truck and Bus Voucher Incentive Project (usgreentechnology.com)
- Deloitte Offers Greening Programs and Jobs (usgreentechnology.com)
- Green Education Online will Introduce Sustainability Education Series at GOVgreen Conference 2011 (usgreentechnology.com)
- Green Education on Line Will Introduce Sustainability Education Series at Govgreen 2011 Conference (usgreentechnology.com)
- Dems and Republicans Divided on Green Jobs (usgreentechnology.com)
- IBM Strives To Build Green Planet With Green Jobs (usgreentechnology.com)
- Kenmore 14.8 Cu. Ft. Chest Freezer (usgreentechnology.com)
- TRC Companies Offers TLC Toward Environment (usgreentechnology.com)
- The Leftovers: OLPCs Dropped In Middle of Nowhere (on Purpose), Zombies in Wal-Mart and More (treehugger.com)
- Wal-Mart Strives to Become Greener Across the Globe (usgreentechnology.com)
- Wal-Mart, Target, Dell To Report Earnings (WMT, TGT, DELL) (247wallst.com)
- GM Equity Investment to Create Hundreds of Green Jobs (usgreentechnology.com)
- DTE Energy Co. Moves Forward with $485 Million Wind Plan (usgreentechnology.com)
- Linkage to Honor Wal-Mart with Women’s Leadership Empowerment Award™ (prweb.com)
- Al Norman: Wal-Mart Has an “Oops” Moment (huffingtonpost.com)
- General Motors hires former Wal-Mart executive (inautonews.com)
- Last Blog! (mfjs2210.wordpress.com)
- Zimmer on Protected Classes and Discrimination (lawprofessors.typepad.com)