Look around this holiday season and you’ll see all kinds of LED (light-emitting diode) lights – including Christmas lights. According to Cooper Industries Inc., even more homes need to take advantage of this energy-saving light technology, which results in the gift of financial savings combined with the gift of a healthier environment for coming years. The company is working to make this happen – in a way that positively affects your wallet, for a change.
Cooper Industries Inc. this month partnered with nine local electrical distributors and the Long Island Power Authority to help to promote the use of LED lights, which meet the standards of Energy Star ®. The company features a Residential Energy Efficient Lighting Program that allows homeowners to buy its All-Pro LED Retrofit Recessed Downlight at a large discount through Wednesday, Nov. 30, 2011.
The Cooper Industries Inc. light fixture fits into 6-inch and 5-inch recessed housings and offers the advantage of using less than 15 watts and producing more than 600 lumens – equivalent to the production of a 65-watt BR30 incandescent lamp. In addition, the light lasts 50,000 hours when used six hours a day. That’s equal to about two decades.
“Lighting can account for up to 15 percent of the average electric bill, mostly due to the use of inefficient fixtures and light bulbs,” said Chief Operating Officer Michael Hervey of the Long Island Power Authority. “ENERGY STAR-qualified LED lighting can use up to 75 percent less energy and lasts at least 25 times longer than incandescent bulbs.”
Cooper Industries Inc. since 1995 has recognized efforts to benefit the environment such as decreasing the emission of greenhouse gases, energy consumption and water usage. Cooper Industries Inc. actually integrates daylighting technologies with high-efficiency lighting control systems in an effort to help consumers to save money and decrease their environmental footprints. Cooper Industries Inc. in 2009 also ranked in the top 100 of Newsweek’s inaugural Green Rankings.
If you are supportive of Cooper Industries Inc.’s focus on environmentally friendly lighting, you should consider the company’s opening for a materials manager. For more information about the requirements of this job position, which is listed on U.S. Green Technology’s green jobs board, simply visit the link below.
About U.S. Green Technology
U.S. Green Technology was established in January of 2009. U.S. Green Technology‘s mission is to share news and information about the latest advancements in green technologies and green jobs. U.S. Green Technology‘s areas of coverage include providing information on green social media campaigns, changes in green business, spread of the green movement throughout entertainment, green technological invention, new green start-ups, green manufacturing, green building, and green jobs. U.S. Green Technology recently launched a new free business directory for companies to promote their products and services. U.S. Green Technology also offers a green jobs board, powered by Simply Hired, for employers to post green jobs for job seekers interested in careers in the green jobs industries such as clean energy, renewable fuels, information technology, green building and green transportation.
Post a Job! $99 for 30 days
- GE: A Green Technology Electric Charging Business Leader (usgreentechnology.com)
- CODA Produces Electric Vehicles and Green Jobs (usgreentechnology.com)
- Green Tech at State Level Thrives Despite Solyndra Debacle (usgreentechnology.com)
- Schneider Electric Offers Energy-Efficiency Job (usgreentechnology.com)
- California Supports Green Technology with Hybrid Truck and Bus Voucher Incentive Project (usgreentechnology.com)
- Deloitte Offers Greening Programs and Jobs (usgreentechnology.com)
- Green Education Online will Introduce Sustainability Education Series at GOVgreen Conference 2011 (usgreentechnology.com)
- Dems and Republicans Divided on Green Jobs (usgreentechnology.com)
- IBM Strives To Build Green Planet With Green Jobs (usgreentechnology.com)
- Kenmore 14.8 Cu. Ft. Chest Freezer (usgreentechnology.com)
- Kenmore Elite 50 gal. gas Water heater (usgreentechnology.com)
- U.S. associations push clean energy technology exports (usgreentechnology.com)
- E-Source Is the Source for All of Your Green Queries (usgreentechnology.com)
- EcomNets Offers Free Greening Service to Non-Profits (usgreentechnology.com)
- SPT 10,000 BTU Window Air conditioner (usgreentechnology.com)
- Educating U.S. Workforce Critical to Green Technology Job Growth (usgreentechnology.com)
- Langson Energy Creates Green Energy from Wasted Pressure (usgreentechnology.com)
- Siemens Seeks To Fill 400 Green Jobs For Building Technologies (usgreentechnology.com)