Solar Jobs: Prisoners Even Have Claimed Green Solar Jobs

Inmates in Wales Are Working Green Solar Jobs – Image from SpreadShirt.com

U.S. Green Technology specializes in connecting job seekers interested in solar jobs to quality employers. Whether you are looking for a specific green-collar job or a position with a company with sustainable business practices, U.S. Green Technology provides opportunities at all skill levels and varying industries. Search in one of the popular searches above!

Can’t find a green solar job? Sure, it’s frustrating. Well, this might make your search even more frustrating: Even prisoners in one country are landing green solar jobs – the same type of job you easily would qualify for.

That’s right. Prisoners in Wales are being paid 15 British pounds – or $23.54 per day – to man phones in a solar panel call center. Becoming Green actually hired 23 day-release inmates to work in the Wales call center and sell green solar energy panels to customers.

These prisoners from Prescoed prison are taken by bus to Cardiff – the capital of Wales – where they essentially respond to customer calls. The move to hire these prisoners has resulted in cost savings to Becoming Green, but some – specifically union leaders – argue that it also has eliminated full-time green solar jobs there. Still, prison officials say that the 23 inmates hired for the company’s green solar jobs are not allowed to replace current staff there but only can claim genuinely vacant roles.

The rate of $23.54 can be paid to the inmates for at least 40 working days. Then, these prisoners actually begin to receive minimum wage pay of 6.08 pounds per hour for those 21 and older – or, $9.54 per hour. The prisoners can keep 60 percent of their earnings and must donate the other 40 percent to a victims’ fund.

The decision to use prisoners for these green solar jobs was made in part due to the benefit of giving inmates work skills necessary to increase their chances of not becoming repeat offenders when they leave their cells for good.

For help with writing your resume, networking with employers, and finding your perfect wind job, visit the Career Builder Resource Center at U.S. Green Technology right away!

By YaShekia King

About U.S. Green Technology

U.S. Green Technology was established in January of 2009. U.S. Green Technology‘s mission is to share news and information about the latest advancements in green technologies and green jobs. U.S. Green Technology‘s areas of coverage include providing information on green social media campaigns, changes in green business, spread of the green movement throughout entertainment, green technological invention, new green start-ups, green manufacturing, green building, and green jobs. U.S. Green Technology recently launched a new free business directory for companies to promote their products and services. U.S. Green Technology also offers a green jobs board, powered by Simply Hired, for employers to post green jobs for job seekers interested in careers in the green jobs industries such as clean energy, renewable fuels information technology, green building and green transportation.

Jobs

Post a Job! $99 for 30 days

Sign-up for U.S. Green Technology‘s weekly newsletter to receive the latest green technology information, including the latest green jobs, blogs, news, and events.

Enhanced by Zemanta

Check Also

Renewable Energy, clean technology

Review of Clean Technology in the Oil & Gas Industry

Innovation Thrives In The Oil & Gas Industry The extraordinary shifts that the oil and ...